i have been so fortunate over the past few months to have to meet and work with some exceptional wedding vendors on inspirational shoots.
for those of you who have never heard the term, an inspiration shoot is a gathering of vendors who have chosen a style or theme and come together to produce a wedding-inspired photoshoot. it’s a fantastic way to break out of comfort zones, network with like-minded wedding vendors and come away with beautiful images of our creations!
normally these shoots get submitted to blogs and magazines–our way of sharing what we do with the world.
a few months ago, i was approached by becky from [from the heart weddings and celebrations] to do a really unique gothic-style shoot.
the moody halloween
the main goal was to show that a halloween wedding can be elegant, without resorting to tacky cliches.
for someone that usually works with light and bright tones, the rich, deep plum, black and gold was certainly fun to jump into!
the work that wedding design by anika contributed was:
- a 6″ x 6″ custom cut pocket envelope with black matting
- a 5.75″ x 5.75″ flat invitation printed onto gold leaf paper to give gold texture and metallic shimmer
- a 5″ x 3.5″ rsvp card printed onto gold leaf paper to give gold texture and metallic shimmer
- matching invitation and rsvp card envelopes
- 3.5″ x 6″ menus printed onto gold leaf paper to give gold texture and metallic shimmer
- black pocket belly band with 1.5″ x 1.5″ monogram closure with custom foiled gold scull
this shoot was picked up by [cake and lace] blog, and was posted on october 31 st as well! how exciting!
check out the list of vendors and images from the shoot below!
photography: [katie marie burnett] | venue: [cured wine bar] | florist: [bryanna kumpula design] | planning & design: [from the heart weddings & celebrations] | hair: [jill keech] | makeup: [lily grey artistry] | wedding dress: [novelle bridal shop] | rentals: [special event rentals] | stationery: [wedding design by anika]